Monday, April 16, 2012

Shelves

We've been living without a proper shelf in our bathroom since we moved in and last week I had had enough of reaching to the floor for things. As you can see, it's a fairly small space, so we needed something that we wouldn't bump into.


And after looking at this, this, and this and deciding that they were all over our budget for such a small project, we headed out to Ikea to see what we could find.  We came up with a great solution that cost us just $18 and fit our needs perfectly.


We trimmed two of our new shelves to fit our bathroom space, and left the other two at their original size to be used in our studio/office space (pictures of that coming soon!).  I then gave them a few coats of white paint (I used Behr Paint & Primer in one Ultra Pure White in a semi-gloss finish), 2 coats for the shelves and 3 coats for the brackets did the trick. I let them cure overnight and hung them the next day. I wanted to be sure they were going to stand up to whatever we put on them, so I gave them another night to cure and we were good to go. Don't they look nice?!


I am so happy to have a place to put down my morning coffee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment