Saturday, April 28, 2012

Farmer's Market Beets

We've really been enjoying the local Farmer's Markets around our area. This week we bought these amazing beets. The colors were absolutely stunning and I couldn't resist sharing!


My hope for these beets was to make beet chips. I gave it a try, slicing them very thin and then tossing them in olive oil, salt and pepper. I then baked them in the oven at 275F for about an hour. To my dismay, they still weren't crispy after an hour, and they quickly went from not crispy to slightly burnt :( Now, don't get me wrong, I still ate them. And the flavor was wonderful, but the texture left something to be desired.  
I will just have to try again another time!


Until then, I found this amazing recipe and will give it a try with this week's beets. 
I'll be sure to post an update when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment